HybridZ

EGR Valve and idle issue...

Hi Hybridzers!

I write you because I have an issue with my 77' 280z!

After changing my exhaust manifold, I've had to remove my EGR Valve because  the new manifold doesn't have the hole to connect the EGR...

So, after deleted the EGR, my car doesn't keep the idle like if the air/fuel ratio was modified... (sound like too much air...)

Could someone help me to explain me a way to proceed?

Some pics:

61385520130921115435.jpg

70382820130921115458.jpg

37160520130921115506.jpg

Thanks for your help! ;)

(Ps: sorry for my bad English, I try my best...)

Maybe the problem is not the EGR sytem at all.  Since you've had the intake manifold off, several other important hoses must have been removed.  One that's not obvious but people forget sometimes, is the PCV hose connection underneath the manifold.  I would check all other possible intake leak sources, including the injector seals and manifold gaskets.

And since the engine runs, you can test for leaks using a flammable fluid like carburetor cleaner or gas like propane at the possible leak areas.  Listen for a change in idle speed.  Don't start a fire.

Maybe the problem is not the EGR sytem at all.  Since you've had the intake manifold off, several other important hoses must have been removed.  One that's not obvious but people forget sometimes, is the PCV hose connection underneath the manifold.  I would check all other possible intake leak sources, including the injector seals and manifold gaskets.

And since the engine runs, you can test for leaks using a flammable fluid like carburetor cleaner or gas like propane at the possible leak areas.  Listen for a change in idle speed.  Don't start a fire.

Thanks for your tip!

I'll check the PCV Hose tomorrow!

And I try to find if there is any leaks around the manifolds!

• 2 weeks later...