HybridZ

paxton fuel pump cutting off??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Whenever i turn over the car (try to)the fuel press regulator zero'z out.... It stays a constant 40psi prior to start-up. Tried to let it sit for a few minutes thinking it wasnt getting enough fuel through the lines, didnt work. Now i know theres some one on here with a logical answer!!

please help,

franklin

p.s. 550cc injectors, fuel pump supposed to be good for 800hp. And SDS, will give out parameters if this might be the cause....

I assume this is an early Z? When you crank your car there is only 1 wire that remains hot and that is the one going to the coil. All others are disengaged to give the starter all the power. You need to locate this wire and use it to kick on a relay for your pump. This will solve your problem.

Yes. You must have fuel pressure to the injectors while the engine is turning over before start up otherwise no fuel--no start. I used an oil pressure switch to turn my pump on (i thought) and off--works for off but I had to,(as stated in an above post) run the hot wire to a relay to run the pump as the starter was turning over. The oil pressure switch alone took too much cranking as it needed to buuld oil pressure before the switch would turn on.

Anthony

'71 510, 91' Toyota Supra Turbo engine

Well, your fuel pump should have some sort of check valve so that pressure does not drop instantly, but it seems that yours does not. My system will hold pressure for some time, but the Electromotive keeps my pump running while starting.

Guest Anonymous

Well that solved that problem. I just simply hard wired it to the battery with a huge inline fuse, and a switch. Starts up no-problem!!!! I love this board.

thanks,

franklin