HybridZ

tuning tripple webers.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok I live at 7k feet, I bought my 78 with webers from about 4k feet. a. should I re-tune? b. I live here, but race at 4k, should I tune for here or there- daily driver. c. engine bogs (there @ 4k)in first and most of second when you are too agressive with the trottle, should I lean it out? what kind of adjustments are there- (jetting, needle?, air screw?, anything else?)

Motorbooks has a great book on tuning Weber and Del'Lorto carbs. It has ballpark jetting figures and it has altitude correction charts. I would buy an Air/Fuel meter from Summit for about $30 and an O2 sensor from the local auto parts store. That's what I have done for mine. Not installed yet, but I hope to swap in the 2.8 motor with triple Del'Lortos in the next couple of weeks and I'll weld the bung in and install the gauge at that time.

Tune for both places, and keep the spare jets for racing purposes with you so you can swap.

When your car bogs, does it spit and pop out of the carbs, if so it is lean, if not rich. I would adjust the size of the pump jet, and maybe lower the main jet or increase the air corrector. You should not need a bunch of adjustment IMO, if your carbs are tuned right for 4k elevation.