HybridZ

How to install door edge seals?

I have the seals for the door that go on the door itself, the one at the front edge of the window frame and the one at the back where the door meets the window frame. I can't find a clear picture of how these are to be installed. For the front, obviously the 3 holes line up, but how does the oddly shaped piece fit on/around the window frame? Rear one is very specific as well.

If you can point me to something (I have been searching with no luck - plenty of pics of the seals, just not how they get installed) or post pics, I would greatly appreciate it.

Get a factory service manual.  They are available on line. I got one years ago for my '77 and, even though there is not a lot of the '77 left, I still refer to it for a lot of miscellaneous things.

By "oddly shaped piece" do you mean where the seal flattens and flairs out?  If so, that is down below the window frame on the front of the door.  The rest of it fits in the lot on the SS frame.

FSM isn't very helpful, nor is the parts catalog. A friend has a 280 and sent me pictures of his, but his are a bit dried up and such. I think I can figure it out, but if you have pictures handy, I won't turn them down! Anything to ensure I get this on right the first time would be great. I hate the weatherstrip seal stuff as it seems impossible to get off once it dries in the wrong place (don't ask me how I know).

Thanks!