HybridZ

Turbo seal type? Thrust bearing quesion

Spike243

Ok, so I decided it was time to rebuild and upgrade the turbo so I ordered a rebuild kit from gpop shop. It was the complete t3 kit with the one piece carbon seal and I opted for the 360degree thrust bearing upgrade as well. In the midst of this I decided to upgrade to a TO4e housing and wheel.

My first question is what kind of seal does the stock turbo use? I pulled the turbo apart and I believe that the stock turbo uses a dynamic seal as opposed to the carbon seal that gpop shop states (there was no carbon seal that I pulled out but there is the 270degree thrust bearing with the thrust collar that I assume is also the dynamic seal with the piston ring on it?) . Because of this I dont think I can rebuild with this kit.

My second question is that I opted for the 360degree thrust bearing and I want to know how this is supposed to fit together with the carbon seal? The instructions on the site do not show how a 360degree thrust bearing is assembled with a 1piece carbon seal?

So to sum this up does anyone have detailed instructions how to rebuild with the kit I have? I assume the kit will work with my TO4e compressor housing and backing plate.