HybridZ

i have a 280zx 83' seems to scrape on speed humps

anyway, so i just bought a 280zx, and as im driving, even if i drive at 1km/h my car scrapes in the middle (under the drivers seat) so i tried the angle thing, it works on very few baby speed humps, but there are speed humps that are HUGE (for the datsun).

as im very very very new to cars, i have dumb questions :D

my car has 14 inch wheels, if i got bigger wheels would it still scrape?

do i need to get a lifting kit? all i seem to find are lowering kits for the car.. 

and does the scraping damage the car? (im pretty sure the muffler takes a good beating even if im driving very very very slow on the speed humps)

any help would be appreciated :D 

thank you :)

You should not need a lift kit, you probably just have part o the exhaust hanging off or something. 

Go to a muffler shop, and have them put your car on the lift and see if anything hangs below the frame rails. 

and then tighten it up if its loose ? or should i change the muffler and get a smaller one ? 

"In the middle under the driver seat" is no where near the muffler.  Is the exhaust stock? Is the suspension stock? What size tires?

LOL i meant passenger seat i was half asleep when i wrote that.

yeah the car is fully stock.

the tire size is 195/70 and the rims are 14 inches 

Ok. Cars are common sense most of the time. You're a dude, right? Next time it happens, stop the car on the speed bump, get out of the car. Make sure nobody is coming. Lay down in the street and look under the car. The answer will probably be staring you right in the face.