HybridZ

A Ride with the GoPro

Onion

Those downshifts sound good.

I've discovered that getting a somewhat cheap mic, and putting it inside the car, or on/next to the rear bumper area works 1000% better than using the mic on the camera itself. GoPros have pretty good wind noise filtering, but it still makes it way more betters.

Edited by BLOZ UP

Those downshifts sound good.

I've discovered that getting a somewhat cheap mic, and putting it inside the car, or on/next to the rear bumper area works 1000% better than using the mic on the camera itself. GoPros have pretty good wind noise filtering, but it still makes it way more betters.

Thanks. I've gotten into the habit of kicking the gas when I'm downshifting, it makes it much smoother with my hard suspension.

I'll take it into consideration. I might return the GoPro, I'm pretty unhappy with it. It's a lot of money for a camera that keeps crashing and corrupting my videos.

I wish the camera would pick up the downrev, it sounds really nice.

Edited by Onion

Wow, really? BigPhil had a couple problems but a firmware update took care of most/all of them IIRC. Which one did you get?

I've really wanted one--mainly because of the external mic jack that a lot of the others don't seem to have.

I watch a lot of his videos, and they always come out in such nice quality, kind of the opposite of mine. If I film with anything over 1080p and 30 fps, it crashes, freezes, forces me to pull out the battery, and the videos sometimes get corrupt or are choppy. I'm using a 32 GB SDHC X card, and it handles 1080p at 60 fps just fine on other devices. 

I got the GoPro Hero 3 black and the suction cup. 

Edit: Just watched my two roof mounted videos. They sucked, wind noise galore. :( Also, the ride is really hard on my car, and the camera was bouncing all over the place. I'll probably still upload them, but you might get motion sickness lol.

Edited by Onion