HybridZ

Pantera Hatch Weatherstrip

Trentomobol

Well I have a pantera hatch on my 280z and the weatherstrip is old, and so is the plexiglass.

The weatherstrip is also cut down in the center, makes washing the car cringeworthy, gotta put down towels on the inside so it doesn't get water absolutely everywhere.

Plexiglass is completely fogged over and yellowed out, makes it hard to see through.

I was wondering if anybody here knew where I could find a replacement weatherstrip?

I contacted Z Force Productions, and he said there is an OEM weatherstrip that would work for it... but when I asked which one he didn't respond.

Not angry at him at all, he's dealing with a newborn baby.. so I figured I'd ask if anybody here knew about em.

Any help is highly appreciated!

2012-12-12110312_zps4a167227.jpg

I would think that if you took a piece of the weather strip to a body shop or auto window repair they could identify it and give you a source.    please post any good results  I need that piece  to but it is way down my list.   A good auto parts store my also have a catalog so you can match the profile.  i would guess it has an H cross section.

BTW if you could snap a couple of pics of the hinges and how they mount it would be much appreciated.  the hatch i recived had a bunch of warps so I still have not firmly decided if i am going to fix and use the stock hatch.

I am sure that a local glass shop could cut you some laminated glass to replace the plastic if you desire.  i asked my local shop and they said no problem,

Edited by Kclank

Sure thing, I'll get it to ya tomorrow, I gotta rewire the big red button that releases the hatch...

I was digging through the old speaker setup they put in the car... (which good god i dont even know how they got it to work) and apparently the power switch for the hatch release was soldered into the speaker power line.