HybridZ

Does anyone make a CF hood for an S30 that has color in it?

R_3

I'm sure this will get some scoffs, but I'm the guy with fake velocity stacks on a fake intake manifold. I'm of the belief that you should do anything that you want to your car. I have a carbon hood and it is somewhat translucent. What if you got some of those green ricer neon lights and put them under the hood so that it glows green? Iv e actually considered putting red LEDs in my fake velocity stacks such that the hood glows a little thru the carbon. Let the hating begin!!

My car is a dark green that almost looks black at the right angle. While a black cf hood could compliment one end of that spectrum, I am looking to entertain both. In addition to creating the look I want the functional side of things with the weight reduction is welcome as well.

If the kevlar weave with green is unobtainable, I can consider the light coats of green paint and clear route too. Not my preference though.

Finding colored carbon fiber weave is actually really easy, and it's becoming cheap-er. This request wouldn't be hard to do. They even have colored fiber weaves with specific textures in it, and pretty amazing patterns. The layup process would remain the same, only substituting the specific color and weave you'd like on the top layer. As mentioned, tinted clears can be added to supplement the effect regardless.

Here are a couple examples of some carbon and aramid stuff that I saw at the JEC composites show in Boston this year.

photobucket-54343-1381082107507_zpsea826

photobucket-31364-1381082086962_zps42fe6

Personally, I'm building a snowboard now, and I am a big fan of the blue carbon/kevlar, so I am using that for stringers.

• 3 weeks later...

You can tint it with a clear/green mix. I had a friend of mine do it to his green del sol and his red hatchback civic si just with red tint for the hatchback and it looked great, and it's still holding up great after years, you just have to maintain the carbon fiber like usual.