HybridZ

280z running issues

Well, I'm new to the game and would like to get my Z running right. I purchased the car 4 years ago and sat on my garage for that same time, up until now that I sold my Evo and opted to run this beauty.

I have changed the spark plugs, wires,rotor and cap, fuel filter, pump, afm that I've purchased from a member here, coolant sensor, cleaned connectors and God knows what else... Now the issue is that a month ago the car ran "fine" with the previous afm and fuel pump, but had done the regular tune up parts. After driving the car for a couple of days, one night the car started to sputter and while giving it gas, the car wouldnt rev and simply fall flat and die. Startup got hard after operating temperature was reached and from there it will have a hard time reving passed 1200 rpm and on, but will idle fine. Now.if I let the car sit and cool down, the car will start up fine, idle fine and rev up high when I open the throttle, but when it warms up, I close the hood and I try to drive away, the car would no go passed the 1200 rpm and continue to drop until it stalls.

I have Disconected the TPS and reconnect and appears to somewhat work for a couple of seconds/min. And then go back the faulty stage. Could the tps cause this condition? Any ideas of what could I check next to get it running like a champ?

Forgot to mention that engine was rebuilt by PO.

I have a fuel pump (not on the car now) that will run and hold pressure for about ten minutes then slowly start binding up and lose ability to hold pressure.  A fuel pressure problem is more likely than a TPS problem.  But the reading won't hurt you.

The issue is now gone. There were several things I checked and honestly don't know which one was the problem solver...

The first thing I did was to replenish the coolant I have lost when changing the coolant temp sensor, then I proceeded to check the fuel pressure with the mentioned method (thanks 9rider!) And I don't know if there was air in the fuel system from changing the fuel filter and not de-pressurized the system properly and later cause the issue... After that, I've tested the car and now rubs like a champ! Even better than when I drove it home 4 years ago.

Thanks for all the support!

Next step.... Turbo. I really miss the boost from all my dsm's and evo.

Btw, test driving my Z through a nice curvy road felt amazing, it reminded my to my 350z but in a more man and machine mode. I'm falling more in love with it now :)