HybridZ

Anyone do small scale anodizing work?

LanceVance

Like the title states, I'm looking for someone who can do some small scale anodizing work for me. Everywhere I call has high initial fees, which would be fine if I was doing a big batch, but I'm doing six small parts.

Specifically, I'm wanting to do the injector retainers in a matte gold. Here they are, all cleaned up:

IMG_20130423_135337_zpscea4384f.jpg

If anyone works at an anno shop, or knows of one that is affordable please let me know. I'm in no rush, so waiting for my stuff to be thrown in with a larger batch is no problem. If necessary, I can have them blasted locally, though it would be a plus to have it done all in one shop.

Thanks in advance!

I used EPS Plating in Hayward because they were local. They did a small batch of Aluminum fuel fittings for me that turned out really nice. I think it was something like $70 for the stripping and plating. I did get them polished at the metal finishing shop across the street to get a glossier finish.

That's about average from what I've seen. Usually it's $70-80, plus $20 shipping there and back.

Perhaps I'm just being stingy, but I'm wanting the $40 'throw it in while I'm at it' special... It's not that much after all, it just bothers me to pay the tray price for six tiny parts! If I can get my parts snuck into someone else's big lot then I'd be very happy.

In the end, this is something I would like, but only at a low (around $40-50) price. Anymore than that, and I'm wasting money on aesthetics that could have been spent on go fast bits, which just doesn't sit well with me...