HybridZ

Ideal Compression Ratio for N/A L6?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am in the beginning stages of putting a P90 head on my L6 and will be installing flat top pistons. According to the handy calculator, supplied by Clint, I should have a CR of about 8.7:1. This is a bit higher than my current N42 with dish pistons and is moving in the right direction. For some reason, 9:1 seems to sound really good to me. I have no real experience in this area, however.

The car will be a street driver, non-turbo and I don't mind running 93 octane. No racing. The engine will ultimately be controlled by and SDS system.

Opinions, fact, experiences?

Thanks,

Craig

Ideal-Z

Guest Anonymous

Hey Craig, I have a good deal on a l28 if you want a whole drivetrain to drop in your car!

l28, nismo pistons, flywheel, yadda yadda. Header, some kinda cam, 5 speed, r200 rear end, so on so forth. Lots of nice little things like turbo head bolts and oil pump, etc. Triple webers too. Electronic ignition(ie. no points).

Around 10k miles on the drivetrain, it runs great and is quite fast. Transmission and diff are of questionable value, I'd cut you a hell of a deal on the engine alone. It's in my 240 now if you wanna drive it before I pull it out.

I'll be through b'ham on my way to montgomery sometime in the next week or two to pick up my cage if you wanna see it.

------------------

Morgan

http://z31.com/~morgan/s30

http://carfiche.com

Guest Fast Frog

Idealz:

This past summer I installed a '76 engine with .020 over flat hd pistons using a P79 hd. CR is 8.8 and I can run pump regular with slight retarded timing. Generally, I run pump intermediate and have no "pinging". I'm also at 4600 ft elev which does make some diff-the higher the elev the the less manifold/cyl pressure and heat differential.

• 1 year later...