HybridZ

Aftermarket Defrost vent tube solution

I needed the ducting hose that goes to the defrost vents, I bough my car with the interior in boxes apparently these peices were not included. So i went to my local parts house and got a 2 inch x 18 inch heat exchanger hose. (normaly used on older carburated cars, it feeds exauset heat to the air intake duting warmup.) I payed $6.00 for each side, and fitted them in the parking lot in about 5 minutes. I did not use clamps yet, the fit is so good you realy dont need to but i will tomorrow. Drove 30 miles home with defoster working perfectly, from what i could tell driving down the road it had very little leakage. Anyway just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who may have missing peices. I dont know if ones from nissan are cheaper(altho i realy doubt it) for $12 and ease of instal worth it. Also be carefull they bend easy. 

ps

Got the Z stuck in the snow today..... my fault to. Overall with good (snow only) tires this car is amazing in the snow

77 280z

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Title name was to vague.

Thanks for the info! I've heard of people using the plastic hose that is used for shop vacs as well, but this seems like it is even easier.

Can't say I've ever driven my Z in the snow, but my GFs Miata with Blizzaks is a blast! An LSD makes a huge difference.