HybridZ

LS1 FINALLY!!!!!

I am new here and have read some really interesting post. I, like most of you, have always been a Z man.This is my 5th one. But with this one I wanted it to be the ONE!!!   For the last twenty or so years I have wanted a v8 Z. its really cool to see all of you that share the same thoughts and dreams. So here we go. I recently bought a 74 260.I probably paid a little too much for it but its about 95% rust free and the suspension has been done and the rear brakes have been converted to disc. I am in the process of getting the body in shape and getting the engine area ready to paint. I have an  Ls1 out of a later model vette being prepped and cleaned and a t56 six speed to make it scoot.  here are some photos of the progress to this point.I will post more pics during the build. I have have bought the frame rails to strengthen the chassis,will install in the next few days.I have not decided on the mount kit yet. I'm torn between JTR,CX RACING. Do any of you have a recommendation on this?It would be truly appreciated.post-41464-0-13597900-1388522038_thumb.jpgpost-41464-0-89210700-1388521779_thumb.jpgpost-41464-0-66386900-1388521582_thumb.jpgpost-41464-0-01591100-1388521468_thumb.jpg

My conversion is completely JCI - basically because my car was used to prototype all the components.  JCI (www.brokenkitty.com) has the most complete offering for the LS1 conversion.  They are not inexpensive but they work and I can say that after 10 years I've had no issues with any of the components.