HybridZ

solid lifters on P90A Head what will work?

Guest DATTO

Guest DATTO

hey all

just wondering, can i put solid lifters into my P90A head from other L series head..basically can L-Series heads swap parts??? ..i know some P90A heads were solid but can i make mine a solid lifter as well? if so im gonna go to my nearst pick n pull yard and get a nice set from whatever Head i can use. also will they work fine with the turbo cam. thanks for your help again

mike

No, you cannot fit solid lifters into a P-90A with hydraulic lifters. They are two different sizes. I don't have the link available, but on zhome somewhere shows the two next to each other. The hydraulic lifter is significantly larger in diameter than a standard lifter. Some have fabricated inserts to allow them to retro-fit the solid lifters. Not worth the money in my opinion. Either find good hydraulic lifters,(hard to do), or find a solid lifter head.

If your existing lifters are fine, stick with them. They will work fine with a turbo cam, and even small aftermarket cams. I am running a .460 lift, 270/280 duration cam with the hydraulic lifters. No problem up through 7k.

-Bob Hanvey

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

You CAN convert to solid lifters. Since the hyd. lifter boss is larger, all ya gotta do is get bolts the right size and thread to fit the hyd. boss, then drill and tap those for the solid lifter boss. Viola! head converted. It's easy for any machine shop, although It'll cost you his time -- $100 + bolts ($50).

I'm trying to figure out if I can use the hydr. lifters on my P90A right now, but if I can't, I'll either switch it to solid this way of find a P90 -- whichever's cheaper and easier.