HybridZ

Alternate Custom Seat Bracket Option

fyanrudger

I thought the Bad Dog seat brackets were a little expensive at $240 + shipping for the pair, so I hit up a guy locally that has done some work for me in the past about making some seat brackets. I gave him my old passenger side brackets and he made these up. Although they were short a couple of tabs on the rocker (my fault, as they were cut off the stock unit I supplied), they went in pretty much seamlessly. I paid $160 for em. He said he's saving the stencil, so he can make more and I'm sure he could make some adjustments if you want them to be lower, etc.

Just figured I'd post in case anyone else is looking for brackets.

http://ironcobras.com/ or @ironcobrasfabrication on Instagram.

post-32762-0-18708200-1391461441_thumb.jpg

post-32762-0-65869300-1391461442_thumb.jpg

post-32762-0-76531800-1391461444_thumb.jpg

post-32762-0-83365200-1391461445_thumb.jpg

post-32762-0-97425400-1391461446_thumb.jpg

Edited by fyanrudger

That is awesome fabrication, but why the heck would you want to keep the rear seat brackets the same as stock??  I HATE working on my seats simply because of the difficulty getting my arm around the seat and up into that little F-ing pocket, while dropping the nut and washer about 30 times before getting the nut started.  The front bracket is a piece of cake.  Any chance of a re-design of the rear brackets to make installing seats easier?

That is awesome fabrication, but why the heck would you want to keep the rear seat brackets the same as stock??  I HATE working on my seats simply because of the difficulty getting my arm around the seat and up into that little F-ing pocket, while dropping the nut and washer about 30 times before getting the nut started.  The front bracket is a piece of cake.  Any chance of a re-design of the rear brackets to make installing seats easier?

The rears are a pain. I was working on a short timeline and I honestly didn't even think about redesigning 'em. If you decide to contact him, maybe you guys can cook something up.