HybridZ

NGK spark plug......

Hybrid240z

I run BP7ES plugs gapped to .045" (same as BP7ES-11). BPR7ES is the same, but a resistor plug (I have no radio). 300ZXTT NGK plug is a 5 heat range, hotter than the standard L6 NGK plug which is a 6 (higher number = colder plug). I'm running a slightly colder plug (7 heat range) than stock L6 because I'm at 10.8:1 CR. Your L28 block with E88 head, unshaved, should have you at 9.8:1 CR. Use a 6 or 7 heat range plug.

Any plug that reliably lights the mixture, doesn't foul, and doesn't get hot enough to cause preignition will work. I don't know if the 300ZXTT plug has the same critical dimensions as the BPxxxES designated by NGK and Nissan for the L6.

More questions. :confused: Just wanted to know, what does the heat range really mean. Do the hotter plugs run hotter? Are they bad for higher compression and turbo engines. About the resistor plugs, Dan you mentioned that you run them but don't have a radio. Do radios interfere with them?

Thanks for all the info,

Marcos

Colder plugs have a tendency to foul out faster than a hotter plug. It has to do with how much heat the plug will retain or transfur into the head. Also a hotter plug can if it retains to much heat cause preignition. I've always just run the stock plug and never had a proublem with them. Ofcourse every car is different and all of them need to fine tuned to get max relieable HP out of them if they are expected to last when you start turning up the boost.