HybridZ

New project!!

I sprayed this pistons down with somd WD-40 and removed the radiator to move my crankshaft. Was a little stiff at first and had to pop it but it was a good pop because my pistons now move. :) STILL HAVEN'T CRANKED THOUGH. I now have to put my new clutch in. Btw, should there be anymore liquids I should be worried about? Like I see all these plastic containers but they're all empty and I don't know if I should put new fluids in or even what type of fluids I should put it in them.

Check the Maintenance chapter of the Owner's Manual for the various plastic containers- http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html

And WD-40 is not a very good lubricant.  Use motor oil, since it's a motor

Right, and also this is why I said to change the oil prior to trying to start the motor.  WD-40 is water displacement #40, it's a penetrating oil.  We sprayed it in the cylinders to penetrate around the rings and help to break them loose, being that the engine had sat unused for so long. a little corrosion would not have been a big deal, but We said to listen closely while turning the engine over manually for any grinding noise to help us diagnose the condition of the engine.  How he described it, Turning with a little pop is exactly what I would have expected.   Leaving the DW-40 in the engine could dilute and mess up the engine oil (not to mention the existing oil is 12 years old).  I would guess he's in good shape so far as the engine itself mechanically at this point.  Next will be to look at the cam, look at the fluid levels and after changing the oil he can try to crank it over using the starter. If that works, then it's time to do a compression test and see what condition the engine is really in.  Again too, Don't be cheap and change the engine oil AGAIN after running for 15/20 min or so, since any rust should break loose and filter into the oil once the engine is running, especially after it's heated up. the Filter will catch a lot, but not all, and rust can be like sandpaper in an engine.

Depends what sort of pop it was...

"Like I see all these plastic containers but they're all empty and I don't know if I should put new fluids in or even what type of fluids I should put it in them."

I don't know if that was a joke, but if not then you really need to do some reading before doing anything else.

So I got it to crank and start up but there's no fuel getting to the engine. The only way it stayed on was with constant spray of starter fluid, there is current getting to the fuel pump but it's not turning on. What could it be? Should I get a new fuel pump? Where and which fuel pump should I get?

there's no fuel getting to the engine. 

There probably is but it's just not injecting from the injectors.  Loosen a hose clamp on the fuel system after cranking for a little while and see if anything squirts out.  Have a rag handy and no open flames or lit cigarettes.

Of course, you've checked for power at the pump and know that it only has power when the engine is running or the key is at Start.  Then jumped power to the pump just to be sure you're not wasting your time.  If so, time for a new pump.  Several options out there, many opinions.

It's awesome the engine runs w/ fluid, that says everything else is still in good shape.  DON'T forget to Change the oil!!

First lets test if it's your rail.  Pull loose the fuel line at the rail BEFORE the filter and connect a hose into a gas can.  Have a helper turn the key and see if the pump pumps for a short time. If nothing then maybe it's the pump.

You can find a stock pump and replace it with a used for cheap.  We can provide a lot of sources, the least of which is Ebay.  

Looking further you need to be sure if the condition of your fuel lines.  Take loose both ends, and blow compressed air from back to front and see if the lines flow. if they do then great. 

Next you'll need to look at the pump. Pull it out and rebuild it if you dare it's not too hard. Probably easier to replace.  You can test it though by connecting 12V to the leads and see if it hums.  

After that, you'll need to see what condition your tank and lines there are in. There's a filter before the pump too, so try changing that too.  But take off the gas cap and see if you can blow  compressed air in through the fuel line, or the return line. If so then it's probably the filters or the pump.  Lets hope you're lucky. 

Don't use that old gas in anything you don't want to run crappy.  You can add a gallon at a time to a new tank of gas and it should be fine, but I wouldn't just try to run it alone.

Well the tank is clean and I know this because I just cleaned it myself spotless. The problem should be the pump because we put a power source to it and no sound. So I already found an OEM replacement not too far from me for $50 (includes fuel pump, damper, and bracket) so I'ma go ahead and try that then if not I'll get my fuel lines cleaned out. :)

Sure try the new pump..  Was there liquid gas in the lines when you pulled off the old pump? Hopefully so...   don't forget to change the filters.  You don't know what crap it sucked up before being parked too.  GJ on your cleaning the tank yourself...  You might look at puling that pump apart. it's not too hard to fix, just careful with the gaskets.  Worst case you have to spend the $50 on the replacement.  Pulling it apart you get to learn... 

Drain the tank first, you will want to do that anyway as all the gas in there is probably too old to be useful! There is a drain plug in the center of the underside of the tank - check what comes out too, there might be sludge and rust in which case you might need to swap the tank out for a known good one, or recondition it if it's in decent shape.

What could be the problem? Did I really need to order a new clutch kit?

Blown seals in the various cylinders and calipers would cause fluid leakage.  No fluid, no pressure.  It's hydraulics.

A clutch kit will have nothing at all to do with blown seals.