HybridZ

To much Compression?

Cody 82 ZXT

What would be to much compression for a street driven turbo car? What my combo will be is basically stock block and head but, the head has been milled just a truing cut that the machinist said was very slight. I didn't get the exact amount from him. I had already bought a .6mm metal head gasket from Nismo thinking that the head would not need to be decked. I also have a stock head gasket that came with the gasket kit that I bought. For the computer it will be Shanes old JWT set-up with a HKS intercooler and t4/t3. Should I go ahead and use the thinner head gasket? i would like to have as much off boost resopnse as possible but, ofcourse don't want to limit myself some higher boost pressures.

As long as you are still using dished pistons and the turbo head, you'll be fine. The stock compression is ~7.4:1, so you'll still be way under the 8.5:1. If you are using flat tops, then I would say you are getting close to the fine line.

I'm still using the factory dished pistons so I guess I'll go ahead and do as planned. If I kill a piston then oh well. The money is not really going to be the issue but, the time will suck if I have to pull the motor. I would just put in forged pistons now but, it's to close to Christmas to plunck that kind of green down. My other car died the last night so now I'm really ready to get this thing up and running.

What about oil pump? I know I want the turbo automatic pump but, where is the best place to by it. What about one of the high volume competion pumps? Any thoughts?

I got my work done at J.I.S.(817/795/9933) in Arlington, on Collins. It's not a performance place but, they will do what ever you want you just have to tell them exactly what you want done. Seems like Anna and Juan are the ones to talk to. They most deal with rebuild shops. Heres a pic of what it looks like now.

screen

Originally posted by Cody 82 ZXT:

I got my work done at J.I.S.(817/795/9933) in Arlington, on Collins. It's not a performance place but, they will do what ever you want you just have to tell them exactly what you want done. Seems like Anna and Juan are the ones to talk to. They most deal with rebuild shops. Heres a pic of what it looks like now.

screen

I need to check out your car. It's very nice.