HybridZ

Bre Air Dam + G nose?

luseboy

So I've got a replica (read: cheap) 1 piece G nose for my car, and I've recently become fascinated with the idea of putting a BRE style air dam/spook/front spoiler onto it.  I know the air dam offered by z car customs (http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt46936/pd1993603/G_NOSE__240ZG__JDM_AIRDAM_) is essentially the same idea, and is better in terms of an aero dynamic perspective.  I also know it's more period correct, yada yada.  What I'm more after is the look, and I really think it would look good.  What I'm mostly wondering is how hard it would be to make it work, meaning would the BRE air dam fit onto the bottom of the g nose without extensive modification, or would it be so much work to make it fit that it wouldn't be worth it? I guess the other thing to consider is ground clearance, meaning how low would that dam sit on the bottom of the g nose? Honestly I realize this is a pretty dumb post, and that my questions aren't that clear, but any insight as to how this might work out would be appreciated! 

Thanks!

-Austin

Once you learn fiberglass, anything is possible. Just get one and modify it. 

I actually want to get this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-240Z-260Z-JDM-Works-Style-Front-Spoiler-Air-Dam-NEW-30-J4501-/380771820206?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58a7c4e2ae&vxp=mtr

since its a copy of the factory works lip, just modded to regular non-gnose.. Just mod it back to fit g nose, and chop the ends off like alot of the jdm cars do

1519835_10152038625678557_1114455232_o.j

64572_10152012127038557_493496756_n.jpg

BRE style might look a little something like this

post-1061-0-90243500-1392766763_thumb.jpg

post-1061-0-11657700-1392766775_thumb.jpg

Found this on yahoo auctions japan

post-1061-0-00589700-1392766985_thumb.jpg

post-1061-0-58662200-1392766999_thumb.jpg

I do have a fiberglass kit I haven't used yet so maybe the modifications would be pretty minimal, minimal enough for me to figure out.  While I understand that the works air dam is very "period correct" and looks the best, and is probably quite aero dynamic, something about how swoopy it is doesn't suit my fancy, I'm a much bigger fan of the straighter look of the bre spook.  In fact the second set of pictures is almost exactly what I had in mind, and the third is pretty darn close.  I think I will just get the bre spook and make it work somehow.  Thanks for your reply!

Aussie Z3

I run the type 'A' front spoiler on my gnose and it's pretty much a track day only setup. The issue I have is when you try to go up driveways, or over speed humps. The nose is a lot further forward than the standard setup so it can bottom out before the wheels even start to go up the incline. The spoiler only makes this issue worse.

A urethane type might take a few more knocks without damage. 

Edited by Gareth. J.