HybridZ

aftermarket intake manifold?

SHANE

i am looking for some kind of an aftermarket intake manifold for the L engine. fuel injected and made for O-Ring injectors. i have heard of some TW company,(TWM i think) but there website was less than helpful. anyone know of anything hiding out there somewhere??

TIA

Shane,

I was just at tehir website last evening looking for the SU Throttle Bodies they manufacture, and downloaded the price list. Seems to my recollection the total manifold and triple TB setup was $3480.

The injectors go in the Throttle Body, though, not the manifold. You can use any manifold like the mikuini or cannon, but the pre-fab fuel rail may not line up. Making a fuel rail is worth it in my mind since I have triple manifolds hanging out my butt, and paying 648 bucks or the like for another shiny new one is out of my scope of sane thought...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest De Schmaydee

.....well i have one.....but its got 12 injectors and 2 fuel rails....corkey bell made it for me (there's a pict of one in maximum boost)....but it was made for o-ring... instead of the oem...s

Wow.. that's even higher then my first quote! It was around $2,000-2,200.

Have they arrived yet TimZ? Or should I send you more pics smile.gif And I am not Evil.. lol

45mm throttle bodies (3) 750.00

Fuel rail 229.00

Linkage kit 160.00

Air horns extensions 144.00

Intake manifold 265.00

Shipping 18.00

Total= 1565.00

That's what a Good Friend of mine was able to do for me. I still need to order the air intake box from Car-Tec.

Hey James can you get a deal on that?

Donna

I will be selling my custom intake with fuel rail as I have to build a new one to clear my new turbo setup. Donna, yes I can get the stuff cheaper than what you paid. I think the TBs were $60less than what you paid. SEnd me an e-mail and I will give you Shaun's #.

The intake manifold is as follows. Ports are matched to gasket and hogged as big as can go with 1.5" velocity stacks on the inside of the plenum. Custom plenum and fuel rail will be included. Yes, it is an o-ring style setup with Honda type injectors used. It is setup to use a Mustang BBK TB as big as 70mm. The manifold has a custom heat shield for the plenum and the manifold is heat coated in black.

Here is the latest pic and some pics of the intake buildup. I will probably sell the intake for $400 with the fuel rail/fuel rail mounts/fuel rail fittings. I have mucho hours in this manifold and the car went 11.2@130.

engine.jpg

Intake pics