HybridZ

Hydraulic to mechanical...

Z-Gad

I am fed up with the hydraulic lifter game. I took a hydraulic lifter, and the mechanical lifter set-up to the local machine shop this afternoon. I said that I wanted a piece like the mechanical boss with the O.D. and thread of the hydraulic lifter and the I.D. and thread of the mechanical. If anyone else is interested, I may have a few sets made to convert the P90A to a mechanical head. Their CNC guy was out, but they're supposed to call me with an estimate and to discuss it further.

Now it may just be cheaper to swap over to a P90, but I have so much tied up in machine work on this head that it may be more viable, for me atleast, to have this done.

• 2 weeks later...

After farting around with a machine shop which is close to my house (last time I'll do that!!) and got a ridiculous estimate (~ $47 each), I went to another shop for a second opinion. I have dealt with them before and they were reasonably priced. They told me ~$15 each. I said "sold!!". I'll update as more info comes available. I also took them another bare P90A head to use to make sure the threads are right. They said it'll take ~ a week.

David, if all goes well, I will probably be selling off the 30 or so hydraulics I have, so I'll keep you in mind.

Mike,

If you have the same luck at the new shop let me know. I have a friend who runs a local cylinder head shop and would be glad to hook you guys up. He does a tremendous amount of import and high performance work.