HybridZ

Griffen Drag Radiator

JFryer

Couple of problems I forsee. The Scirocco rad was designed for a daily driven 1.8l motor. It works fine in a dragster but is too small for a street car IMO. The other is that the inlet and outlet are both on the same side. Makes it kind of hard to run hoses. I would go for the same rad the V8 guys use, the Griffin 22x19. That's what I'm planning for my L28 and when I do go V8 I won't have to buy another one!

Guest Anonymous

The Griffin (Gri-1-25202-X) 24 X 19 can be purchased for $189.95 from Summit and an (unlisted) one with a thicker core of the same dimensions can also be purchased. The Griffin has no coolng provisions for an auto tranny or drain petcock . The Radiator is a channel fit requiring another channel to be fabricated top and bottom as a mount with no bolting provisions to the radiator it self. The 24X19 Griffin fits my 1977 280 Z with most of the cooling fin area of the radiator exposed from behind the radiator shroud cross member opening.I made fiberglass covers to block off all other openings on the radiator shroud/mount cross member except the radiator opening.There was a past post with a 24X19 Griffin in a L6 application that had unexplained overheating problems (?).There is slightly over 25 inches to work with between frame rails and the the 24X19 Griffin is overall dimmensions. The JTR mount and specs are not applicable to the Griffin which with the upper and lower channel mounts is about as high as it is wide.