HybridZ

how to get into the 12's with out nos on street tires?

I'm wanting to get into the 12's with a stock engine except for I'm running a set of flat tops to raise some compression. I also want to do these with out any spraying or on a special set of tires with sticky spray. I want this to be more of a street time then an all out drag time. What suggestions can you give me to help me get into the 12's I would perfer mid 12's. The reason I'm wanting to get these times to beat a dick that has a 305 Iroc that talks a bunch of s%#t to me and clams to going to get big gains like 13's-12's with nos and right know he has mid 14's so I think with his nos will drop him into the 13's but I want to do it without any nos to really burn him up. I know the L28ET is cappaly of doing it I just need to know what to do to unlock it's power.

tbs 2thumbs.gif

TBS - you can do 12's with the parts in your signature, on street tires. You may need 17-18 psi boost, and fuel it properly, but you have the components already. The only thing you may want to upgrade is your intercooler.

I do not recommend raising your compression - you will just increase the risk of detonation at the 15-18 psi boost level.

so if I do all the mods in my signiture with out using the flat tops I can run 12's on street tires but would the raised compression help me out in the long run or not??? I'm wanting to later upgrade again and again and either learn how to reprogram the ecu's eprom or get a JWTs ecu like jeffp's. I did think it was funny that I tied a iroc 305 with a cam, exhaust and port work with my z that has 3.90's, 81 tranny, z31eccs, bad mass, and terribly slipping clutch. :D I want more and I'm planing on getting more out of this motor. 2thumbs.gif

tbs