HybridZ

Guide for turbo motor swap?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Thinking about swapping a motor from a Turbo Z into my 81 280ZX. Is there a on-line guide of this being done? And what parts are needed to do this swap from start to finish?

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

I don't know about an online guide, but this is what you're gonna need.A COMPLETE turbo engine with distributor. The entire engine room harness with all the relays and not altered or butchered.A matching ECU and air flow meter. Ideally all the parte come from the same car. The engine will bolt right in but don't mix up the mounting brackets or it won't sit in the engine compartment properly.Don't forget the rubber boots on both sides of the air flow meter.Swap out the remaining parts but use extreme caution when changing the engine room harness.If you have any questions please ask.

there should be some kind of guide for this, its getting to be a hotter and hotter swap,

for a turbo swap i think the easiest way is to get a running car that looks like dung.

distributor is matched to ecu, and possibly the afm, i would avoid the 81 with the crank sensor. also avoid 83 with p90a head, but hey then again for the right price id grab and 83 no problem.