HybridZ

4 banger from 67 fairlady into 68 z?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i am wondering if a datsun 67 311 powerplant will go into a 68 z with minimal trouble.

any changes of mounts or tranny linkage and so on. does anyone know the actual promise of getting this to swap? keep in mind i am a chevy owner and normaly only work on my camaro, but i would think this would be a simple switch.

let me know.

tim rockon.gif

No such thing as a 1968 Datsun Z.

Regarding the swap into an early Z...

I'm not an expert on the Datsun Roadsters but aren't the early Roadster 4 cylinders pushrod engines? Those engines tend to be worth more as replacements for Roadster restoration projects.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

First of all, Zs sold in the USA did not have an earlier production date than 9/69! Second of all why would want a horsepower decrease and performance downgrade!!! If you want to go slow then buy a honda pile!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

i must have been thinking about my camaro when i wrote the post.... :confused: i meant a later (78) z.

but apparently the 67 engine is putting out about the same horses at 1500 rpm and beyond, and as it's a great deal lighter, i figured why not. but i think i'm selling the fairlady so who cares. i'm going into the rust bucket range of thinking. i just can keep up with you z guys.

i've heard of thinking outside the box, but a twin turbo chevy 350 in a z? weird.gif that isn't even within a mile radius of the box, let alone inside it. i'm going cheap and street fellas.

i'm building a flame box for an ltd, hitting it with primer and heading out to kick some imports around in west side cleveland. rockon.gif thanks for the info, write me if you want a 67 datsun roadster...great for restoration... or why stop there? get a cummings diesel engine for it. ; )

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

later

Originally posted by 1fixer1:

First of all, Zs sold in the USA did not have an earlier production date than 9/69! Second of all why would want a horsepower decrease and performance downgrade!!! If you want to go slow then buy a honda pile!!!!!!!!!!

watch it now, that sounds just a tad aggressive.

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by David Karey:

quote:

Originally posted by 1fixer1:

watch it now, that sounds just a tad aggressive.

try pin point accurate. You don't own a honda, do you?

Guest Anonymous

don't worry guys, i don't think he meant any harm. besides, unless he has a z with a corvette engine, 68 camaro can take him anyway. :D

no harm done.

however, thanks for the support!

rock out. rockon.gif