HybridZ

Who Rebuilds Nissan L6's ?

Guest TKR514

I'm a newbie with a dumb question. Where can I get a stock 280ZX engine rebuilt? Any reputable shops in the Houston,TX area that are good with the Nissan engines? If not here, any National chains that do the L6 well?... Thanks!

I have a 1979 Datsun coupe. It has 250K miles on it and runs well. I'm pulling it to repaint the whole car. I would not like to re-pull it later, so might as well overhaul it while it's out. A V8 would be too costly (different xmission, A/C, PS, etc, etc).

My goal is to have my engine overhauled so it can go another 250K again...

Thanks for any info on shops that can OH to new specs!

Lots of shops will claim to be able to rebuild a Z motor, but you'll never end up as good as factory unless you spend big bucks for something like a Sunbelt (since you're in GA). Best value for stock is to buy a factory reman shortblock and then have Sunbelt do an ITS level prep on the old head.

Great... except where does one get an OEM reman long or short block? Is that a direct from Nissan USA or are there outlets for genuine Nissan blocks? Yea I know it will cost some bucks, but less than a V8 and over the next 25 years will seem cheap :-)

Thanks for any info!

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I do rebuilds for $1285.00 and or could do a custom reman to your spacific need, I'm in Central Fl but ship all over the US of A. Give me a call for details on what we do.

Alex Costa

Precision Machined Engines

1-800-665-0405

When I lived in Houston I had Westside Performance rebuild my Nissan L28 motor. They have alot of experience with this motor and also have a torque plate made by a friend of mine. Jeff is very professional and reasonable. This company builds the short blocks for Hennessey(sp?) Viper.