HybridZ

How did you mount your Walbro fuel pump?

I am looking under my Z and I dont get where to mount my Walbro fuel pump. It just doesn't seem to have enough room under the car for the walbro and a g3 fuel filter and damper. Does anyone have pictures of how they mounted theirs? What about drilling through the spare tire well and mounting the parts in there?

I did mine this way:

post-3537-0-44783600-1401764902_thumb.jpg

post-3537-0-52833600-1401764959_thumb.jpg

It's a little different now since I changed to a different filter, that has a threaded fitting on the inlet end as well, so the radiused tube between the pump and filter is tighter.

Edited by Six_Shooter

There are plenty of folks who put fuel pumps and lines inside the car, but I don't want the potential high pressure fuel mist inside the car with me. I had a Mr Gasket fuel pressure regulator blow a seal under my hood with only 3psi and it made a huge f-ing mess. That Walbro pumps at 60+psi. Plus, after my build, my car dirtied the fuel filter three times before all the "build dust" was out of my tank. Changing that filter was really messy. But other that 3/4 of it that went into my face, it all went on the floor, perfectly missing the catch basin that I placed under the filter. All this even after siphoning the tank "dry". Plan for the worst and you won't be disappointed...very often.

I mounted all my stuff on a piece of aluminum angle I had laying around. I drilled up into the frame in the middle and both ends and used nutserts. On the outer ends I had to put small spacers between the angle and the frame. I use the 88 ford can bracket a lot of people use to hold the pump.

post-37191-0-87722000-1401824562_thumb.jpg

Edited by socorob