HybridZ

280 z spec

Guest Anonymous

Scottie-GNZ has taught me well. The only horsepower worth talking about is the HP that pulls you to a final MPH in the 1/4.

Too bad my runs say I ONLY have 261 rwhp,

according to prestage.com and a guess of 2700 lbs with driver :D .

Pretty lame for a V8Z!

Of course that "2700 lbs. including driver" is that after Thanksgiving? Possibly after Christmas that figure of "2700 lbs." could increase! Causing Higher ET's.

Maybe we should put in a reccomendation in site development for a catagory Called "Lower 1/4 mile ET's thru the HybridZ weight loss program! malebitchslap.gif

You guys are funny :D .

I'm probably around 230lbs. I could stand to lose 15-30 lbs :D .

Not to worry. I have a 406 shortblock on order, and will probably pop for some 235cc Pro Top Line (Pro Action) AL heads. DD2000, with Grumpyvette's favorite crane 114681 solid flat cam says about 490 hp, 490 lbft rockon.gif at the crank, of course. Plugging those numbers (used 400rwhp) into prestage and 2700lbs says 11.00 at 124mph in the quarter. I'd be happy to see low 12s. I'll need some track wheels and tires to get much into the 12s, I think.

I'm only guessing 2700lb with me in it. It's not stripped by any means!

Back to the topic, I like Scottie's viewpoint on this. Who cares what you "think" it has for HP, if it can't go through the traps at the number you think is should for the HP you think you have, it doesn't matter, except for bench racing :D .

I am considering having my new engine run in and tuned on the dyno, if I can get the Holley Pro-Jection setup ahead of time on the 327.