HybridZ

Help needed badly for my 83' 280zx turbo car

Hi once again folks! Here I am again trying to get started on building my 83' 280zx turbo car. It's the one in my profile picture. It came from las Vegas sin city z club. Since I have owned it now I have not done anything to it at all besides try to fire it up. I am finding it difficult to locate a decent tech here in Hawaii to work on it. Why do I need a tech? Well I am an old school Chevy v8 guy and not an import guy. I am not qualified to wrench on this car as far as I'm concerned without help and guidance. This is the main reason for me looking for help and suggestions in here. I was told several times that this is the best z club around. So I wanted to check it out again and see what I can do.

Car has been sitting for years (4ish) and needs some electrical work especially on the coil and transistor as well as the ignition system. Maybe a pick up of some sort? Don't even know where to begin folks. But I have found a couple manuals on e bay and have purchased them to try and learn things about these nissans. I've always wanted to own one as it reminds me of my high school days racing my l16 69' Datsun truck! lol back then a 16 sec Datsun truck was LIGHTNING fast! lol!!!

I have another Nissan 240sx with a v8 Chevy small block in it! That thing is NASTY! It's a 90' 240sx hatch. Has good quality coil over suspension that I want to rip out and install on my 280zx. Can this be done as well? I am at the point that I am close to doing a v8 conversion on the z car as well. Simply because I don't understand the workings of the sx motor and electrical systems. HELP ME PLEASE! BOLO in Hawaii

Most of your manuals are available free online to,download from xenons130 site.

The Hawaiian ZCC is a viable entity....I think. There are Z Guys there on island who may be able to give you firsthand pointers.

Most of your manuals are available free online to,download from xenons130 site.

The Hawaiian ZCC is a viable entity....I think. There are Z Guys there on island who may be able to give you firsthand pointers.

Thank you for the pointers friend. I will do some research on any z clubs here locally. I do know there are no clubs here on the big island of Hawaii. Perhaps on Oahu they have one. I'll double check. Alohas from Hawaii! BOLO