HybridZ

What happended to Marc Sayer and Performance Engineering?

Guest Anonymous

I'm pretty sure Mark has gone out of business and is done with the whole Zcar scene. In trying to keep Zcar Magazine going Mark strung himself along way to far and thin. Mark also made a number of enemies in the Zcar scene both due to the magazine issues and his personal business practices. I never had bad business dealings with him. However, I spoke with him several times when he was trying to sell the magazine to me. He was stressed and trying to sell the magazine to save his business at the time...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I had a good experience in dealing with him at the time. He did a phase 1 or 2 upgrade on my N42 head and I was looking for the cam specs. I know that he had the head ported slightly, unshrouded valves, tuliped stems, radiused valve seats. The cam was reground to street specs so that there wasn't any rebuild of the valve train. Any idea where he had the cam ground or maybe the specs. The performance is still great and I've recommended him to others who were pleased. I wonder if Delta cams did the work for him?

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the info but the head will remain on until something happens. Sorry to hear you had bad dealings with him. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, etc. Without internet boards as this I came out well dealing with him compared to others who wanted to sell me nothing but parts. He did sell me engineering, reground cam, and resurfaced rockers. Who would you recommend for engine/head work? I live here in Bama and am familiar with HESCO and have dealt with them before on parts, but not engine work. Good work and expensive. I've got a friend who has an n47 who would like to have it modified. It's nice to know that the people working on your motor are experienced with Datsuns.

Jetdriver, is the head out at present for you to have the cam dialed? Locally a shop is setup to dial in cams for ~$30, you get a readout of each lobe/average value and variance. I did it with my last cam just to be positive the GMPP cam was what I wanted. Poor cams are odd but I NEVER want to have to troubleshoot one...small insurance IMO.

Mike Kelly very politely hit the nail on the head with Marc Sayer IMO. I was even part of a collection call/long successful drive to the famed guy at one point (6mos. patience was enough in our opinion). Knowledgeable and friendly he is. I'd previously dealt with him with various small $ sales/buys but the larger stuff went sour for many I've heard from and that the lawyer had previously represented successfully. I don't typically comment on other vendors but he went so far from centerline and I don't want to see anyone else get taken in the that manner as I saw others get taken.