HybridZ

Bilstein 240Z struts

RIP260Z

Well, if you decide to sell....I am away for a couple of weeks  from Friday, so don't fret if you don't hear from me..

Got 'em back last week, they still work great but I was told that the piston seal is beginning to weep. Meaning, they'll be due for a rebuild sooner than later. I'm planning to get a quote for rebuilding just to know. Message me when you get back and we can talk.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Long shot (even though missed some sold on here last week).... after the NLA Bilstein front or rear strut inserts.

These came as yellow for rear (part no. P30 062) or green (P30 061), anything....

I have a new pair still sealed holding the piston for a datsun not sure which model they will fit P30-173 and are up for grabs.

Leon,

Did you install those Bilstein struts on your Z?

If so, what was involved to make them fit right?

I'm still looking for Bilsteins all around for my 240.

Steve

Hi Steve. Nope, never installed these specific ones. However, I have a brand new set that I will be installing as soon as the Z is back on the road...

If you find 240Z Bilsteins, make sure you get the correct gland nut (ring nut in Bilstein-speak), it's Bilstein-specific. Otherwise, it's just like installing any other insert.

Zentech,

What are the technical specs on these P30-173 struts?

IE strut body length

compressed length

extended length

rod diameter

thread size

Do you know what they we designed for?

I can't find anything on this part number.

Steve

I mentioned in my a/d not sure what model. I bought them new on e/bay and i never measured the piston as i'm assuming that's what you meant to say. The pistons by eye ball looks to be nothing less than an inch and possibly an inch and a 1/16th diameter. Pretty large for strut pistons and the tube itself is 16 inches.That's all i can tell you.