HybridZ

Replace cam followers when replacing the cam?

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I KNOW this is a dumb question. And, the asnwer has been drilled in us by the manufacturers. But, has everyone who has replaced a cam replaced the followers also? How much are they? $30 EACH!!!? So, everyone who changes cams to try a differant combination does this everytime? WOW, Zcar guys must be loaded!

Well, I'll probably get hammered for saying this...but I didn't replace mine when I put a new cam in... I did inspect them very carefully and ended up using them.

They have been on there around 15000 miles or so...so far with no noticeable wear on the cam.

Can anyone chime in here? This question has yet to be answered. also where can we get the followers? 30.00 a piece is just down right STUPID!!!!! there has to be another source, or they must not need to be changed. I find it hard to believe that very many people would actually part with that much money just for damn followers!

Guest Anonymous

I've tackled this demon before. Delta cams sells resurfaced followers for 4$. heard good stuff about them. 30$ is probably dealer OEM price. MSA has a set of followers for 150$ the deal i took. I was pissed about the $ when i bought em'.... felt like an unneccessary punch in the mouth. But i found no better and i didn't trust resurfaced followers.