HybridZ

sr20 style RB20 and RB25det oil filter relocation sandwich plate

ZachDaaron

Like most of us have done, or are looking to do, I have been trying to find the best way to replace the bulky oil cooler for my RB25det. yes you could buy the Greddy kit, or one of the "universal" kits but you would still have to buy the Rawbrokerage thread adapter.. The problem with these kits is that standard screw-on sandwich plates leak, and you are STILL left with the unattractive appearance of poorly fitting universal parts. See below:

oc3.jpg

I have designed a one of a kind sandwich plate based off the SR20 style plate which bolts onto the block. my design will let you use the original oil bung from under the OEM oil cooler. This means all you will have to do is remove the 4 bolts from the oil cooler, and bolt this plate in its place! ( I've heard rumors that the SR20 plate bolts on, but I have not seen any actually installed and it still will not look like it fits correctly)  PLUS!!! THIS ONE WILL COST ALMOST HALF AS MUCH! (about $60)

I have read over the forum rules so I know I cant request money to help build a product that doesn't physically exist yet, but i dont need help! It will not cost me much at all to make these so I can foot the bill for fabrication costs. All I need is to see if anyone else actually wants one?  

NOTE: This design is based off of my JDM RB25det block and cooler which has slightly different mounting points and will not fit USDM blocks. Once i have a finished working part, I will make the one for the USDM block. I found this out after ordering the USDM gasket for under the oil cooler off ebay and it didn't fit..

post-43115-0-02907300-1408829537_thumb.jpg

post-43115-0-33947600-1408829538_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...