HybridZ

Clutch shudder on ZXT?!?!

Tim240z

the turbo clutch setup is the same as the 2+2, is the turbo 2+2 setup bigger than the coupe turbo? i have a flywheel for the 2+2 turbo laying around somewhere and wondering if it could be used with the na trans and that big clutch....

Guest Anonymous

The coupe version has a clutch contact surface 225mm with a 550 LB presure plate...the 2+2 and/ turbo is 240mm wide and a 780 lb pressure plate...Coupe and 2+2/ Turbo are not interchangeable because the pressure plate dowel holes won't match the flywheel's LOL Tim some one may have a solution to your Weber jetting dilema. The thread was just resurrected with a new theory..I posted that you solved the problem with a turbo (a complicated fix of major parts changing) I do admire the solution.

The capacity is 1.9liters/ 4pints.

Some wobble of the input shaft is normal ( or at least the wobble in mine didn't seem to hurt anything) -

The best lube for this transmission I've used is Redline MTL (Stands for Manual Transmission Lube)-If I recall, the label says it will do for anything requiring ATF OR Gear lube. Most Speed Shops have it. It really improves the shifting action of the T5.

Guest JAMIE T

I think I have the Redline ATF D4 in my T56. It shifts nicely. Another option is Honda ATF. I can't remember the type exactl(might even be called type Z), but the guys on the F-Body forums love it in their T56's.

Guest Anonymous

Tim 240 Z.. you are right, everyone "rocks" when you get this much member contribution in a topic question. With all the various posts offering advice.. I learned a few things as well. When everyone works together to solve a problem, "there are no bolts and nuts left unturnned" Your Weber jetting post has came back to life in another thread and may get solved too even though you found the solution in a turbo..LOL... With a T5 in a ZX why would not a GM T5 and SBC bolt up in the ZX OEM tranny and engine mounts with slight adaptation. Use a 3 bolt triangle plate minus the set back distance, add in the JTR style engine spacers with the Chev pick-up motor mounts and bolt directly on the ZX engine towers and bolt a fabricated tranny mount like you previously made in to the ZX bolt mounts attached to the ZX unibody ??