HybridZ

Rear 240z tokico illuminas in a 280z

I bought a set of rear bz3016 tokico illuminas from another enthusiast. In his description it indicated this set would work for 240z, 260z or 280z though now that I'm about to do the install (and doing a little deeper reading) it appears that these are just for the 240 or 260.

The only other detail I've been able to dig up is that the 240 struts are a little narrower.

Will these work in a 280? And if so any considerations?

For those interested, I've continued to dig on general tokico availability. I tracked down the wholesaler, Motovicity, and had a nice conversation with Joshua who handles tokico imports. Basically, they're still catching up on the two year drought and are on backorder through January for all tokico products for the Z (this includes gland nuts & spacers, etc.). Further he indicated the HP product line would probably be more easily attainable as the wholesale orders are currently about 50% pre-sold whereas the illumina line was 75-80% pre-sold. Boooo

He recommended I speak with THMotorsports. It sounded like they were their primary US retailer and he thought they may (longshot) have something in stock. They didn't but I got to talk Z's with one of their reps, Hubert, who has a '71 240z. Basically, nothing is currently available other than KYBs or coilover rigs for our cars. And to my surprise he said he bought a t3 coilover rig and was very disappointed with the quality- news to me. 

Still open to suggestions to solving the lack of suspension if anyone has ideas. I'm not waiting until January to get the car on the road.