HybridZ

240z Fuse box line shorted, blowing fuse. Ideas before search starts?

Alright, I have a 71 JTR 240z with a chevy 350 in it that was apart until recently. I just put the dash back in and I 'think' it all got hooked back up correctly, but the problem could be that simple if we botched something. The dash was out for years and im rusty to be honest. 

So we put a battery in it today and it immediately blows a fuse on the green line. I checked it and its shorted to ground. 

This green line turns into a red with blue stripe 6" past the fuse box. This line is where the short is. When I checked the schematic, I saw this line goes to the gauges, which I had apart. It goes a lot of places. Plus it looks like it splices into black/white and goes to an auto tranny switch and tranny temp switch. It looks like it taps into other lines also so before I start chasing this short, I thought Id ask here since I havent worked on this car in years. Maybe Im forgetting something.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

Jason

(Ill attach a schem' also. The line shorted is the green coming off the upper right of the fuse box, which turns into red/blue, but that isnt shown on this schem. When i disconnect the green from the red/blue connector, the green is no longer shorted so its on that red/blue line.)

1t91ec.jpg

Edited by Racin_Jason

Red/blue not on the diagram makes things difficult.  I would check those switches at the transmission first.  They have power and there's supposed to be a load on the other side that would prevent a short.  If they were just tucked away somewhere they might be contacting the body.

The R/L line is dash lights.  There is also an R/L line that feeds the dome light, map light, and glove box light.  It should not get spliced into anything else.

The green wire you are talking about is the turn signal power.  It goes to the auto kick down, hazard switch and tach.