HybridZ

infiniti 4.5 v8

Guest Anonymous

Actually this is shown briefly in the JTR manual. They show a pic of one in a car and mention that it is an option but... They are heavily bent towards the small block chevy. I'd suspect that if you got all the proper connections for the FI harness, and kept the same trans with the motor, you'd be ok.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Mikelly:

Frank is right... it was a Lexus.... My bad!

Mike

Lexus made 4.1L v8 and 4.0 / Infiniti made

there on 4.5L V8 from 91-94 Q45

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by SpeedRacer:

Don't think I've seen one with a Nissan V8 but here is a shot of the one with the Lexus V8

-------

Hi, I am new on this list. I noticed an error in the URL listed in the above post referencing the Lexus V-8 engine swap photo at Z PARTS.

I am a big fan of the Z PARTS site of Eric Neyerlin where several unusual engine swaps are featured. Apparently thebLexus V-8 engine swap photo has been moved to http://www.jps.net/zparts/showcase/engines/eng_lexus1.htm

quote:

Originally posted by jw81zx:

I have a 93 q45 v8 , has anyone tried to drop in zcar ,if so what tranny used?

Thanks Jason

You might check with Eric Neyerlin at Z PARTS http://www.jps.net/zparts/index.html

In past posts to me he has mentioned that he has been in touch with several persons around the world that are working on unusual engine transplants. One is a lady in Australia that is actively working on a Q45 V-8 transplant into a 240Z intended for autocross use. Another person in the states is working on a dual-turbo Mazda L20 rotary engine swap.

-Sleek Z