HybridZ

car chemistrys inserts instead of mufflers?

z ya

Have you guys heard of the compnay called

Car Chemistrys.They sell some inserts that

bolt directly to the header collector.They

sell them either 2 disc for racing or disc

for the street.If these things worked I

would not have to cut the trunk up to fit

the mufflers.They sell them in Summit on

page 178.Let me know what you think.

Guest Anonymous

I could be wrong but I don't think they'll fit in the Blockhugger type headers people use for the V8 Z conversion. From the looks of it, they slip in the collector so I think they would have to be a long tube type header with a long collector. If you can find a long tube header for the Z conversion, probably work fine, but would still require a exhaust pipe to at least get the exhausts exiting behind the driver a bit so you don't get gassed out to bad (as if the exhaust that comes in the hatch on the Z's isn't bad enough). IMHO. Might work on a L-6 Z with headers though.

Respectfully,

Lone

Ps: I was thinking a pair of them on each side in some sidepipes might be pretty effective BTW.

Guest Anonymous

Z ya,

I stand corrected, and you Sir are correct. From what I read on they're site they do indeed go anywhere in the exhaust system. I may be looking into these in the very near future. I'm thinking of dual 2.5" into 3" single exhaust with a flowmaster Y pipe. These look like they would slip in the Y pipe and then just run straight 3" pipe all the way to the back, if its to loud maybe a resonator on the very end. Good idea, and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Evan,

Not sure, it would appear so, maybe they're two disc unit (racing) would work ok for you since the turbo does a bit of a silencing job before it hits the muffler anyway. They seem to have low backpressure because its just a mechanical baffle thats inline, but you might email them and ask for sure. Heres the site:

http://www.carchemistry.com/ccinserts.html

Lone