HybridZ

Bad Dog Rail/OEM Floor Fitment Issue

I removed my entire factory rail because it was in terrible shape and I wanted to clean up under it completely. Looking at the floor now, there is a large drop from one side of where the rail sits. The Bad Dog rails don't take this into account so now there is a large gap. I knew people have recommended to install over existing rails, but looking at this makes me think it's a requirement for the 280Z. The driver side looks like it will work fine because the floor is flat.

My "solution" to the passenger side is to rosette/plug weld a length of angle along the floor along the trans tunnel side, acting like the "old, cut off rail", and then weld the new rail to it. Does that seem like the way to go about this? Or am I not looking at it correctly?

I was desperately hoping my floor was ridiculously bent, but it is definitely supposed to be like that. Both Bad Dog rails are identical, so using the wrong side isn't the issue.

Passenger side

DSC_0048_zps8hdcrdzr.jpg

Driver side

DSC_0049_zpsmxixo2c7.jpg

Where I currently stand

DSC_0050_zpszswh1gdu.jpg