HybridZ

ls6 engine with jci kit

I've been searching and reading to see if the Johns car kit or jag that runs kit will bolt up to the ls6 engine so far I've only been able to find Ls1's and ls2's and threes.if it will work will I be able to keep the ls6 oil pan or have to get the Camaro oil pan.found a LS6 for 2500, don't want to buy it if it won't fit one of these kits.it's going into a 70z.

bolt holes will be the same for all LS engines, the issue comes from the oilpan and accessories which you can easily swap out for other versions of the accessories brackets or oilpan. But it will cost you a bit more money for the ls6.

If you pick up an accessory drive kit, an oilpan and pickup tube from a 98-02 F body, and use the AC mounting kit and compressor from JCI you will be good to go on the LS6. To make things simpler, use the T56 from the same year F body.

Joe

i have a LS6 with the TR6060 trans from a 04 cts-v. . the alternator braket from the camaro did not work for me due to spacing.  but i was able to install the engine with the JCI kit.  i do not plan on chaning the pullys so planing on finding a top mount alternator braket to make it work.

hope that helps.

rebekahsz, are you using the ls6 alternator bracket ? If so why are you changing to another bracket ?

LS6 (c5 corvette) bracket does not work without modifications to the shock towers and a truck style alternator being used. I wouldn't recommend going that way.