HybridZ

"Ginger" (Segway) Badass

patzky1

quote:

Its a $3,000 to $7,000 scooter. If you like it, cool. IMHO, that money can be better spent on a nice SB for your Z.

Hmmmm and here I was, wondering where to put a ZX12 motor on this here Segway. bonk.gif

Thure

Guest Anonymous

Did anyone see the South Park episiode last week? Where Mr. Garrison created a new form of tranportation called the 'IT'.

I'm constantly amazed that the show gets away with what it does. If you didn't see it, I won't describe it here, unlike the show, I do have a bit of respect for others and don't want to get that graphic.. haha.... icon_smile.gif

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

the guy that created the scooter is the same guy that co founded the robotics competition that i attended no too long ago. he actually brought out the prototype wheel chair he was working on and gave a demostration to us all. way too cool. have any of you guys seen the wheelchair? it works on the same principles as the segway. but instead of 2 wheels it has four and can do some ammzing things. the rear wheels can hop on top of the front wheels so that the person in the chair can see eye to eye with a person standing up. it also can move about in this mode and from what i saw it is almost impossible to unbalance it. if you do manage to unbalance it all it does is drop to all four wheels again so its safe. then if they want to go up a staircase the wheels kind of leap frog over each other up the stairs all the while the seat remains perfectly level. it can even handle very rough terrain and the person in the seat wont even notice that it isn't on pavement.

I just read about this guy, the Segway, and the IBOT (he hates people to call it a wheelchair) in the 10 Dec Time Magazine.

This guy is basically a very smart, creative and rich dude. Got started building and selling medical pumps, etc.

The Segway's technology is pretty cool, but I'm having a hard time seeing how anyone of typical financial means that doesn't live and work in the city and never needs a car will be spending $3K for the "consumer" version.

The US DoD, USPS, and some other companies are buying (or looking to buy) the $8K industrial version.