HybridZ

carbon fiber update

Guest Anonymous

Guest 280Tom'z

heres an idea at first keep it simple nothing aginst the cowl people but make the stock first so you have an idea of the work that will go into the piece then after the mold for that is done then fab a cowl onto the stock and make the mold for that. but thats my 2 cents and just a suggustion.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, unlike many of the other Z projects on this board, I'm going to need a 3-3.5" cowl hood to clear the Super Victor intake I'll need for my High-Port Pontiac MotorSport heads. So you know what my vote is! P.S. NO louvres!

Mark 2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif

Dominic, I hope my post wasn't taken as an order - I might be interested in a CF hood at some point, but it's not in the budget/plans right now.

I guess my comment on vents comes from the fact that the Z gets so hot under the hood and this is never good for performance. A method to get the hot air (from the radiator, engine block/heads/intake/headers) out of the compartment is difficult and letting it come out vents in the hood make practical sense (except for dirt/water falling through them).

Guest 280Tom'z

well can any one give me an idea of what a cowl will look like on my Z it it looks good i'll go for it although i want a stock i'll settle for cowl if it looks good enough

Guest 280Tom'z

if someone can show me what a cowl will look like on my car I might go for it if it looks good. To make things easier on Dom. although i'd like a stock, cowl might not be bad.

Guest Anonymous

I think the underhood temps are too high to bottle up, so my vote is for a cowl (say 2"-3"). Something that makes you take a second look, but not because it looks stupid.

This vote in no way ties me into the purchase of any part here-in, simply because I have no money :D

Nic 2thumbs.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Door panels man, and th elittle cardboard flat trim that's just behind the doors. I'll take a set of each for a reasonable price smile.gif

Hrm, and my site has pics of a Z with a low rise cowl. I think it looks damned nice and not obnoxious at all :D

Hows it going? Any progress? I met a friend who just scored a sbc 302 1971 240Z, richmond six speed with flares etc.. 2 1/2" cowl hood and now im very jelous...I want one too, problem is his was purchased from Arizona Z several years ago. they are no longer!

Mike