HybridZ

GSP CV axles for 280z?

yellowoctupus

This has come up before.  I actually called the company and talked to a guy who explained that they assumed all Z cars used the CV.  Said they were going to fix the database but looks like they didn't.  Or maybe they got halfway, I think it listed all the way back to 70 before.  Or maybe they fixed their side, but the database is still wrong.

Pretty sure I talked to GSP but it could have been a different supplier, working from the same bad database.  These bad databases seem to live on forever, like the ones that show 71C transmissions for the 240Z's and 280Z's.

Anyway, the fact that the ZX's use 6 bolt wheel flanges, and the Z's use 4 should be enough to see it won't work. Same part number, different flanges.

This has come up before.

Yeah, I tried searching the forums, but couldn't get the search function to look at any words with anything less than what...4 letters or something?  So, CV, GSP etc didn't come up.  I also forgot to use the google search fuction with site:hybridz.org.  That might have helped.

Anyway, the fact that the ZX's use 6 bolt wheel flanges, and the Z's use 4 should be enough to see it won't work. Same part number, different flanges.

Confirming what I thought I had read earlier.   Thanks NewZed!