HybridZ

Fuel Pump / Control Module Config.

NylonAdmiral

Hi guys, I'm having some difficulty finding a comprehensive answer to RB swap/fuel pump solutions.

My question is, what fuel pump setups are people running with RB26 instals?

I've read some people stating they're using Bosche 044's or other external fuel pumps but I've not found much information on the rest of their setup.

My main question is, are people using the Skyline fuel pump control regulator, and just wiring up an external pump to that?

I've read other posts on this forum from people saying they'd read of others experiencing fuel pressure problems when using the likes of 044s but I've not actually come across these posts myself yet.

My secondary question is, is anyone taking any anti-surge measures or not?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

I am sure you already have read this post. This is the only one I have come across on this site covering the RB26 Fuel control module. 

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/67475-gtr-in-tank-pump-mounted-in-260z-baffled-tank-fitted-to-240z-how-to-pics/

The author may be able to answer further questions. 

I use an external low pressure "clicker" pump to feed a surge tank. A high pressure pump draws from the surge. The pumps and surge tank are located in the back near the tank. I use the stock pickup, but not the return. I use the 3/8ths vent line on top of the tank for the return. I assume you have already come up with a way to have the right size return line. I used the thick green factory electric pump wire that runs from the tank area to the dash area. Nissan spec'd a nice thick 10 or 12 gage wire for the hot, haven't had any issues. I am using Walbro inline pump and its been a workhorse. My stock electrical and RB25 electrical play together more than they should. My fuel pump oscillates when I am stopped and my turn signal is on:(

Bill