HybridZ

Arizona z car coil over inserts

Is there an an alternative shock that will fit the Arizona coilover sleeve? I found out that Arizona z car will not sell just the shocker insert, so when the shocks wear out you have to buy the whole shock assembly again.

I have used those for a few years and I liked certain aspects but they are not a good street shock.  They are digressive shocks and probably too harsh for street use unless you really want a canyon carver weekend toy.  They work best on a race car with very light unsprung weight. They require yearly rebuilds as the seals seem to die and lose oil.  The cost of the rebuild last time (a few years back) was $175 a corner.  I had them rebuilt in the winter and they leaked most of the oil out before they were used in that summer all while sitting on a shelf.  

When I called GC they said they'd need another rebuild at the same cost. I don't think GC makes them anymore but will service what is out there.  I wouldn't recommend them even if you can find a set.  I can post pics of my insert and measurements it that would help.  They are very short compared to most inserts you'll find.  

Cary

• 4 months later...