HybridZ

Puzzling issue with MAF

Blob1620

Hi all,

Ive recently got my rb25 running and got all the basics figured out, base timkng set, tps voltage set, etcetera. But it make miserable power. Turbo makes bost, slowly... Its inly a t3/t4 upgrade, shouldnt take 6k rpm to make 6lbs of boost... And the afr's are below 11 as soon as it makes boost.

Checked for boost leaks, cleaned the maf, etc. however. The maf has some disturbing readings. Apparently it is recieving 18.5v as a sourse voltage, which seems to me impossible with my battery voltage At 14 durrimg the test. And Idle goves a 1.8v reading out of the MAF... Nearly 30% of what you would consider for a 5v sensors capable range, seems high to me when theres no load.

So, ecu is pooched? Sending super high voltage and resulting in super high reading causing my rich condition under load. Or is something else a miss that Im missing.

Btw, brand new wiring specialties harness, not a modded factory one for the swap.

Thanks in advance!

post-47983-0-95965500-1439258930_thumb.jpg

My sensor idles at about 1.4 volts, but I use a 350z sensor. seems about right for you for idle. Its not a linear sensor. Its a logarithmic curve.   Make sure your MAF is correct too. J60 series 1 (igniter on coils) E60 for Series 2 (no igniter). They do make a difference. Also 11 afr is correct for an RB25.

Ill have to double check which MAF Ihave. I got this engine with spec1 coils and igniter box, and Yury talked me into the benefits of changing to spec2 coils. Further more, My engine came with knock sensors, which j was under the impression were inly a spec2 thing...

The plot thickens. Ill look into my MAF part number in the morning. Is it a package match deal? Wiring specialties made it seem like switching to spec2 coils required no other modifications.