HybridZ

SR20DET into RX7 Intake Manifold Pics

240Z Turbo

This is the progress of our custom intake manifold. Stock runners have been chopped off and decked 34deg from flange surface. We have ordered 45mm full radius velocity stacks that will be welded to each runner. I have just machined the new fuel rail for the chevy style 950cc injectors. Only need to fab the brackets to secure the rail. I have also removed all the casting flash from each port. Will post more pics as we progress.

intake1.jpg

Guest JAMIE T

That looks great. Have you ever used a SR20DET from a Pulsar 4WD Rallye car(GTR-I, I think)? They have individual TB's for each port also. A buddy has one in his B13 SE-R. The engine is for front drive(or 4WD) apps, but I'm sure the manifold would work on any SR20.

On a side note. Are you a machinest? Do you do this sort of thing for a living? I do work like you do here in VA. I do work for a shop www.rosenautosport.com and another shop www.sportscarworkshop.com, both are side work for me, as I'm a welder for a garden furniture manufacturer.

No, not a machinist. I have had about 4.5 years of experience in a machine shop doing work on my research. I have learned to mig and tig. I can run the mill and lathe and have gained a lot of knowledge through tinkering and various school projects. I have just carried this knowledge/ability over and applied it to doing stuff for turbocharged applications. My passion is turbocharging and maybe oneday will start a high end shop. Not changing oil in a Honda!

If you are interrested in individual throttlebodies in app. 45mm size, check into some motorcycle tb's. I don't remember exact sizes, but they are right in that neighborhood. GSXR750's 98 to 2000 and ZX12r's and CBR929's have single butterfly tb's (one per cyl). I have some GSXR ones at work I could measure them for you if you're interrested, they could also be for sale, but have to check with boss first.

Thure