HybridZ

RB20 Hesitation

ihiryu

Hey guys, as some of you know, I now have a R32 Skyline.  The car has been running fine, and out of nowhere it started hesitating and missing under boost.  If I keep the throttle at say, 75% or so, I won't have any hesitation, but the boost only goes up to about 9 or so PSI, if I romp on it, it will start to sputter and hesitate.  

Mods are as so:

Stock turbo, manifold.

3" from turbo back, no test pipe

Front Facing intake manifold

Intercooler

Stock Injectors

Stock MAF

Walbro 255

LS1 Coil packs (No more ignitor)

Also running ECUMaster DET3 piggyback.

Also, the car has had these mods when I first got the car, and this literally started happening about a week ago.  I thought it was bad gas (got some gas at a suspect place), but I'm on my second batch of gas, and I'm still having the problem.

The wideband goes lean (13:1) when it begins to stutter.  So I don't think it's an issue with spark blow out, I would imagine that if that was the case, it would go straight rich, rather than lean.  

I'm still running the same plugs, but again, I feel that if it was an ignition problem, it should be running rich rather than lean.

Oh, one other thing, I was playing with the DET3 as far as fueling goes, but when the problem arose, I went back to the stock map.

So here's an update.

I checked for a boost leak the other day, and everything is good to go.

And so I went to check for CEL's and here's what I have

11 Crankshaft position sensor

12 MAF Signal

21 Ignition Circuit

34 Knock Sensor

I believe code 11 and 12 are from the DET3 unit.  Since the DET3 is intercepting the crank signal and the MAF signal.  And when driving I've accidentally activated launch control.

Code 21 SHOULD be from the LS1 coil packs.  I've deleted the ignitor and coil packs. 

34, the big one.  If the car sees knock it enters limp mode.  So this might the big one.  

The weird thing is the car was running perfect, as is, until just the other day.  I wonder if I saw knock playing with the boost controller function of the DET3?

Edited by ihiryu