HybridZ

Electronic ignition diag.

pnoland

Hey guys I'm new here and have a question I got the crane cam xr-3000 ignition system installed on my mostly stock 71 240 the other day and it ran great for about three weeks now it dies whenever it feels like it mostly in neutral when coasting the guy I work with noted that my distributer had a lot of rotational play I'm wondering if this is my problem and if so what distributer should I replace it with any help is welcomed thank you in advance.

Edited by pnoland

now it dies whenever it feels like it mostly in neutral when coasting 

Doesn't sound like an ignition problem.  You'll be wasting money if you don't do some better diagnostic work.

You'll get much better advice too if you add more information.  "Mostly" stock 71 240Z with Crane XR3000 ran great now dies in neutral.  Distributor has play. Not much to work with.  Certainly not enough to go buy a new distributor. 

Ya after looking into it I have decided it's not a distributer. The only engine mods I have done are a set of ztherapy carbs as mine were leaking out the throttle linkage the electronic ignition new Taylor 8mm spark plug wires new ngk plugs and header from MSA. I also found out on my way to church this morning that it will die while driving down the road.

I also found out on my way to church this morning that it will die while driving down the road.

This actually sounds more like an ignition problem.

Put the points back on and see what happens.  No need to buy a complete distributor.